R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIFEPO4 RX 6.4V BATTERY
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tommo
Ok Angelo..I will try another charger and see if that fixes things...all the perth guys are using the same charger on these packs.. the EQ swallow...we have never had problems before charging LIPO's with the EQ...but I will try another..just got to find some one who has one..
Tommo

Yes understand you guys have been charging lipos but dont forget with lipo you cannot discharge the cell to zero or you will kill it as they have a cut off which wont allow you to so the cell isnt destroyed so you never really know what you have actually put in it plus the mah/voltage that cannot be discharged.

Lifep04 is different it has no cutoff but will have an unuseable 100-150 mah which will drop off very quickly .

Lipo is part of the same family of lithium batteries but they use not so heavy metal materials so they have a different chemical element which has different charging patterns and needs a a couple of deep cycles to get the chemical element flowing .

Not forgetting most chargers on the market to get the price down for the consumer will charge every type of battery but they are basic so you never know if it is actually doing the right job for that battery.

I hope this helps you

regards Angelo