R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Are The Pros And Cons Of Electric Rc Cars?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
memix
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
If he doesn't plan on doing competitive racing he doesn't need to constantly fiddle with gearing. TT-01 handle mild >9T BL motors just fine. The only wear is going to be the pinions/spurs which wears on all cars assuming he upgrades the chassis with ball bearings.
My opinion is that its better to by a mid lever r/c car like xray t2pro which it will handle like the "expensive" T2 but its alot better from a basic electric like TT-01.

Me i use both electric and nitro powered cars ( Team magic E4 - G4 )

Electric as everyone says is easier to maintained , cleaner , quieter and going faster cheaper than a nitro car but more expensive to buy them in the beginning .
Nitros for me , i like the noise that the make , cheaper to start , but its alot dirtier , and more expensive to use ( nitro fuel , tires ) . Also when you are going to have to maintain the nitro engine its quite expensive and if you need a motor replacement alot more expensive to buy a normal engine comparing to the fastest motor.