R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - some newbie questions help a brother
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
zixxer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Falcon422
Im building my first kit. Have a few questions.

1. I have a nova n21bf and a dynamite 086hs pipe. The pipe has 2 holes on each side for springs and the motor just has 1 hole on each side. Is that just for adjustment purpose or am I supposed to use 2 springs. Which springs are good to use?

2. I bought a dx3s. I have a d8 kit and am wondering if I should use the AA batteries for the rx or get a hump pack. Any suggestions on the best to use for a d8? When using a hump pack do I need a special charger? I have a charger for 7.2 nicd that says it will charge nimh. I would just need the different connections I think. My servos are hitec hs 7965 and 7985 im not sure if that makes a difference.

3. I got an ofna starter box with 2 motors. It says I can use 2 six cell bat packs and I have 2 1500 mah packs but I am concerned that wont last long on a charge. Should I get the 12v battery? If I get the 12v battery it needs to be recharged also correct? Maybe there is a charger to handle all my needs.

4. My lhs has medium fuel tubing, is that standard?

I know this is alot of newb stuff but I dont want to buy the wrong thing and have to spend even more money. This is def dif from firing up my rtr thanks guys
1.it just has 1 set of holes ...and your pipe has 2 ...some motors have 2 sets of holes yours just doesnt ...dont know if you would wanna run 2 springs in 1 set of holes ...any are good as long as there for 8th scale exausts
2.the orion hump packs are good 1600mah 5 cells and you should be able to charge it on your charger and get another connector and yes those servos will draw some juice ..the more mah you can get the better ....i think stick man rc makes some wicked 2700 packs
3.run a 12volt battery ...some come packaged with a wall charger ..or you can buy a wall charger for 12 bucks ...they charge low and slow
4.yes