R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by al dente
i was running one in my car, the rx pack plugs directly into the speedo because the speedo has the regulator built in.

kenny l - it is not that we were unwilling to do so. the fact of the matter is that without the rx pack plugged into the speedo, the spedo would not work. much the same way that your tekin will not work without the switch on. had we wired the rx pack directly to the receiver, the srevo would run on 7.4 v. and still,by the way, send 7.4volts back to the speedo. we went over this in tech with the tech team and they came to the same conclusion. for the record, when i first put mine into my car, i tried to run without an rx pack just a booster, and the speedo would not function. even if the rx pack would run throug a regulator, then to the reciever, then to the speedo, you would still be sending more than 3.7v to the speedo, just like everyone else.
There 100% is a way to run it normally, and for the record the Tekin works just fine without a switch. I have 2 cars running off the LIPO RX pack into the RX It didn't need to be on when the power from it is coming from the other side. EVERY Brushless system is still "ON" without the switch saying "ON" ...it won't work but power is available.