R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 416 WE made in China
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Keith Billanti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Downstops are gauges that measure the downtravel on the arms. There are many ways in measuring droop really. I think the thing youre on about is rebound stroke, when you add an amount of shims or tubing to the shock rod, to stop it from traveling back in to the body too far.

Your droop settings sound like what I had when the front wheels were lifting from the ground. I havent had the same luck as you in setup. I will try some things differently on Saturday, if my club is open for practice. The car is doing decent times, but the car is unstable to drive through chicanes and entering high speed corners.

I didnt get the hard plastic caster blocks, as theyre brittle on the real car. Most common part to break on the 416 at my track. I wanted solid ones that didnt break, this why I got alu ones. Bit heavier though.

My friend had a JRXS Losi RC car, so I can only imagine why you prefer this one! - It hardly ever completed a race and was a bit of a pig to drive. He changed it to an xray 09 and he went up 2 finals! - I will point out that all the indoor layouts I race in are unforgiving in a crash. High speed corner leading onto the straight etc with a concrete wall if you clip the edge of the corner leading onto the straight.
JRXS was actually quite good in its day-- Paul Lemieux nearly won cleveland with it. I had some good luck with it, but technology improved, other cars improved etc.. When i got the prototype type R, i thought it was night and day-- then the preproduction came out and i seemed to not get along with it. Although i only ran it about 5 times- then i took a break from RC.

anyway- back to this-- yah, my car was very very good. No lifting tires, and there was a nice groove-- using sorex 28s..

uhh. 2degree front camber, 1.5 rear... droop as mentioned.. no swaybars.. losi springs.. (will switch when i come across the proper tamiya springs).. I will say i did have to turn my Steering Travel down by about 10%.. probably doing a 4 foot turning diameter.

KB