R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Erchur
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
There are split decisions on if racing once a month is enough, Jeff believed yes when I asked him in Toledo. The two of us obviously believe no. We could have an unofficial vote here, I believe they would listen. It would come down to how much effort it was to run a day VS the number of entries per race which is why we end up with so many practice days.

If you look at it from an economic point of view as some are now, once a month does attract more racers because they have to get ready for only one race and can spend more time and money for that race. A great example is when I raced in Norcal, it was once a month each for gas and electric and they had 120+ turnouts almost every race because everyone had a month to look forward to it.

If you look at it from a racers point of view, I would rather race 2-3 times a week which is part of the reason I was so big on splitting offroad to saturdays and onroad to sundays so I could have the chance to run both for more wheel time. This can be expensive at $20/race + parts/tires but it is the only way to get better except we need more than 1-3 die hards that can race on pace weekly and we need to pick a class to run or else we will not be doing ourselves any good.

My vote is: Once a month during the Southwest Championship Series and twice per month during non-SWCS months.

Roger, When are you going to start organizing club races again. We miss your leadership man!!!!