R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cyclone, lrp, others???
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 12:00 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Interesting discussion. The only GM I have had any experience with was one from some 8 years ago, the size of a truck. It had like a whole keyboard of programme possibilities, but it was big and heavy. But that's an age ago. I understand they have come a long way since.

No experience with Tekin.

Used LRP in the days of their old Mk2 - probably their best and most robust speedo, and also the original ICS. At least the 7.1 seems more reliable than the Quantums. Blue smoke is better!We started off the season here with quite a few LRP's. I think there are 2 left. The rest all went up in blue smoke.

NOVAK. We now use Novak speedos exclusively, if for no other reason for the fact that they are infinately reliable. Just yesterday evening a friend cross wired his Cyclone. By the time he disconnected it the case had already started to melt, and the stench....well you know what a stink burnt speedos make! It even melted the solder off the connections.

Well, he let it cool down, resoldered the wires, and ran it satisfactorily for the rest of the evening. I don't think any other speedos would do that.

1/12th. Seeing as you have very little space in a 1/12th car I would go for a Novak Atom. It's small, efficient, and most of all, it's reliable.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.