R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Just for the record I run the 46mm CV drives on my TB. No issues with clearance BUT I also run the stock suspension blocks.

Chris Vierra and I have officially (unofficial of course) given "TB" a name......

Tarmac Bullet!!

Round 4 of the RCGT Showdown was yesterday at Speedtech R/C and we had a great turnout. Once again it was Paul D, Jeffry Lin and myself battling with 7 others for top points.

I managed to squeak out the TQ for top points there. In the main I had a semi comfortable lead and clipped a dot early on giving Jeffry the lead with me right behind. I followed for 3-4 laps and decided I needed to try a move in the first corner as I was faster in the first half of the track where he was faster in the second half. I drove in really tight to go under him and traction rolled!! ARGH!!

This allowed Paul D to grab second and me third right behind. At this point Jeffry was gone. At the 5:30 mark I clipped that same dot as before and slowed back to about 7 seconds behind Paul. I knew I had to catch him to retain my points lead so I set out on a mission and with one lap to go I caught Paul and knowing that he drives tight lines I thought to myself "I don't think I can get by" and then he made the slightest of bobbles and my TB was lined up to take advantage and I snuck inside and took second with just 3 corners to go!

Jeffry Lin took first, I ended up second and Paul D third.

With My TQ and Jeffry's second it gave us 100pts and 98pts respectively

Jeffry winning and my second gave us same points respectively so round 4 was a wash allowing me to retain my points lead!

WHEW! 2 more rounds to go!!

Jimmy Wright

Timmie.... I ran the RX7 this weekend with Tamiya's race wing.... DIALED!
It has R35 steering and is probably a bit faster in the switch backs yet all things stock the RX7 is probably more stable. I also practiced with the Vette and its very stable! It just doesn't have the down force in front to be agile but, it is still better handling than I thought it would be.

I have an R35 coming your way tomorrow.