R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC
Old 01-29-2002, 10:02 PM
phlim
Tech Fanatic

Default Race Calendar & Benefits for members

Kenneth Tan: Yes, the plan is to run it on every last Sunday of every month till 29 December 2002. Of course, by then we will put out our plans for 2003, like we usually do for the other 2 event types. However, like I said before, there are a couple of unconfirmed areas, one is that we haven't got an official okay from Wui Kiat to continue to be Race Director, next is if Nipple can confirm to operate the races for us and finally we need volunteers to help with track setup and keeping the track after the race.

Thanks for reminding me about listing benefits of members. I do agree that it is not much at the moment, but it is usually a chicken and egg situation . At the moment our meagre benefits for member who support us with their membership are :
a. You can use the East Coast Track everyday from 9am till 6pm.
b. We produce a periodic newsletter - usually quarterly.
c. For the 1/10 events you pay less to participate. We are planning to charge members $15 for the upcoming 1/10 ISTC Electric races.
d. Various other local race organizers have voice their support for Marine Parade RCMC members and will also give a race fee discount (amount is decided by the individual race organizer). I have confirmed okays from Toykar and Hobbylink events on this. So, you can ask them if you are joining their events. You will have to produce your valid membership card for validation.

With more of you joining us, we can look at the possibility of setting up a tour bus to bring us up to KL for a race. Maybe a get together makan or Karaoke if there is enough interest. You see, whatever else we want, we need the membership in order to officially inform you and get your feedback.

The communication channel here is purely personal and unofficial, I can't table your interest at the committee and build a strong case, when I don't have the membership to show. I trust that you understand.

Last edited by phlim; 01-29-2002 at 10:08 PM.