R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are Chargers Really That Important?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 07:16 AM
True R/C Racing
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Me too, I have the V5 and it's a great charger. But if I buy another charger I'll probabley get a V6. IMO the V6 is in the same braket as the T35's, it has all the options I would use, yet none of the confusing crap that I wouldn't. The only thing I dislike is the fact that they didn't upgrade it for 30amp discharge, not a big problem though, a reactor 30 or bulbs would fix that.

If you can get all your batterys charged in time at the races with one charger then there is eally isn't much reason to upgrade unless you want more control of the charging process(mv cutoff). I doubt you would see a hugh increase in performance by upgrading. The prov2.5 can charge to 6.5 amps and the chip decides what mv cutoff, so it couldn't be too far off. The only disadvantage with the prov2.5 is that you can't decide what cutoff. Discharging at 30amps, motor run-in and all the other features of the expensive chargers can be done cheaper buy buying bulbs and building a 3 or 4 cell pack for run-in.

If you want everything in one charger shell out the cash but I don't think you'll see a hugh performance increase with the new charger, just features that make your life easier and are nice to have.