R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - UTAH on road indoor/outdoor nitro racing?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Zootcapri
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
I am going to be moving out to Utah, Salt Lake area. Does anyone know of any racing and or clubs that race onroad, outdoor or indoor?
Utahrc.com is the site that most of us use for R/C information in the state. There has been racing most of the summer. There is a track in Magna (just west of Salt Lake City) and a parking lot track in American Fork (say 'Fark' to sound like a local) that is about 35 miles south of Salt Lake. For most of the summer we have alternated weekends for racing. Currently the only truly active nitro class is the GT class. There are a few of us with 1/10th sedans, but, rarely make a class (atleast 3)... though there is pleanty of talk about racing. I think I have the only 1/8th pan car in the state that has raced this year. Several of us go to Vegas two to three times a year. There is also a new track in Ogden (north 40 miles). We've run there a couple of times this year. Bring what you got and watch out for the guy that goes by the tag 'Spooky'... (he is actually a great racer and friend.. I just had to get a dig in while he is out of town camping).

There are also several places for nitro offroad....err... or so I've heard... they are soo..... well... dirty...