R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
DriftWoof
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Yeah seems that if you had those you would have everything covered as far as drivetrain goes. If I was to make a drift car, I would probably run the spool in the rear of the car and run a one way up front. That way on power you would be able to hold a drift better and off power the one way would help set the front for turn in so that you could put the car into a drift easier. A lot would depend on what your using for tires too. The difference in grip from plastic drift tires to the rubber drift tires are pretty big.
Ok I think I get it.

The spool is a direct coupling right?

Front One Way: I put it in the diffs up front in the diff box by the steering side. It replaces the stock front ball diff.

Direct Coupling: Goes into the rear diff box by the motor mount/motor. Replaces the rear ball diff.

Center 1 Way: Connects to spur gear just before the shaft. I don't know if this is necessary since the front one way is already there. If I put it it might mess it up or add to my drifting I don't know. Is it needed since I have a front 1 way or will it make the car a better drift? I'd like to get the most out of my car so adding it would be no problem and I will add it unless someone says otherwise.

Can you guys verify everything for me to make sure I'm correct. I'm going to make this my setup for my drivetrain and call it a day on the drivetrain so I can start on other things.