R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC
Old 01-29-2002, 06:18 PM
phlim
Tech Fanatic

Default Hello and how are you doing today?

First some good news that I can share:

1. With your continued support and participation, the Marine Parade RCMC have decided to carry on the series. The 1/10 ISTC Electric Car Race will be held every last Sunday of the month - Nipple: are you game for it? Frankly we haven't get the okay from Wui Kiat to continue as Race Director , he was not able to make it at yesterday night's committee meeting.

2. Marine Parade RCMC will continue to extend the "Join RCMC and get the next 3 consecutive 1/10 ISTC Electric Car Race free" till the end of 2002. Yes, we need you as members, only with enough membership can we get more things done. The committee also suggested having a permanent area to run electric cars. The proposed area is the smallish area above the basketball court where we store our pipes and stuff. But then again, we can only have this if we have enough membership. Only 7 members out of a 48 participant turnout at the 27th Jan 2002 race is IMHO pathetic.

I was out of action yesterday, so that's why you see no replies here. So, let's see now ...

Nipple: Keep up the great job and don't get discourage by the unhumane comments. I am sure they don't really mean it, but during stressed out times, gibberish is known to be uttered by some of our folks. I did operate races before, and I used to be very strict and no jokes - that's why I am no longer wanted, I guess. Like you said, we could save a lot of time with cooperation and understanding from everyone - well it is always easier said than done.

viper1: Cool off man ... As for the sticker, well I was just thinking off my head for an excuse for a missssssing sticker.

raygun: Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, we will be trying to get more bricks to sit the corners. During the race, it is a practice that the mechanic of the driver who bash a corner off, fix it back. It isn't a practice yet, but that's what we hope to see. So unless the track was badly blocked, you would have notice that we didn't set it back for you.

stik: Tai Seng can lease the place, but Marine Parade RCMC won't run it. Whatever event Marine Parade RCMC runs, it got to be an open race with minimal or no brand attachments. So unless Tai Seng opens up their Tamiya Series, just like the Kawada series, Marine Parade RCMC cannot sanction it. But then again, like I said, Tai Seng can lease the place.

Prawntoe: No offense taken. It is always been my practice to NOT overpromise but try to overdeliver. The organizing committee is Wui Kiat (Race Director), Sunny Hee and me. Together we got some good friends of Wui Kiat & Sunny to come along and help us lay the track and set up the driver stand. Of course, not forgetting Nipple who runs the race. You got a good point about volunteers - let me put this out to all who are reading - we need volunteers, if we can get 4 volunteers we can actually lay the track on every Saturday afternoon and run till 10pm. So why 4, for Saturday outings, we probably won't erect the driver stand and get out the tables and chairs, so all we need is to lay the track and keep the track. It can be done with 4 volunteers. Any takers? sent me a email. and thanks in advance.

JoeHwee: Thanks for your kind comments. Eh... why it seems that everyone is picking on Tangfa? He was a great help, for the last 2 races he was there on Saturday night to help us set up.

Kenneth Tan: Point taken and thanks for the feedback, without which we won't know what really works.

Kelvin Khng: Joehwee has a point there some, or at least I know of one (Peter's son) won't make it over the railing. We will have a wider driver stand at the next race, just that we need to figure out how to get the 2 extra pieces of 2 inch square wood to brace the additional section. Anyone who has access to a pickup can help us get 2 pieces of 2 inch square wood pieces?

Nipple: Yes, that's the spirit, use the Smilies more often:

raygun: Nope, you are not suppose to stand any where and race, it is a requirement that you stand on the driver stand required - see I told you I was strict and unpopular. Of course we give exceptions to those who needs it.

I am thinking of sending off a email to Eric Chow to see if he can bring his gang down for our CNY race on the 24th February - any comments here? Of course I need your support and participation, it would be pathetic if they come down and we get a poor turnout ourselves. Anyone of you are familiar with the RC'ers in Malaysia? I'll probably pop over to their forum and stick up a notice it all goes well.

Last edited by phlim; 01-29-2002 at 06:27 PM.