R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - servo?
Thread: servo?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Don't you think that faster, more accurate and more holding power of the digital servos would make a difference on the steering while not having a lot of benefit on throttle / brake servo? Have you tried digital on the steering before?

I would think that having digital servo for steering and analog on throttle / brake would be the best compromise on performance and current draw.

And yes, using digital servos would be the only thing that would take advantage of the lastest High Response Systems mode technology on certain manufacturer's transmitters for what it's worth...
Unless you're oooh sooo precise with your steering, I don't think you'll notice the difference between a digital and analog servo (of equivalent speed and strength). I've run a digital servo on my steering and I've gone back to a high speed, high strength Airtronics 357 servo for steering.

for throttle, you want good speed and decent strength. The horn isn't going to travel as far as a steering servo and it's only pulling on a spring loaded brake and a throttle arm, neither of which takes much effort. A mid-range servo will do fine.

I think that the extra cost premium for a digital just isn't worth it.