R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - guys, i have 2 important questions
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Mr. Twister
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
so instead of making 2 threads i will ask them in one.

Ok. just found out my temp gun is broke (did the boiling water test, and i know water does not boil at 150) and i have been tunning my new ninja and break in with it. long story short, my tune is so screwd up that it is at the point of no return. I saw j palessi (sp?) needle settings on his ninja and mine were wwaayy off. so my engine has ben tunned way to lean for the first gallon after break in. (it was broken in rich i know for sure) anyway i am trying to bring the tune back in. and its impossible. so the question is, if i break a engine (or in this case right after when it still had all its pinch) lean will it tune to that setting? if i put it at the right setting it is crap. runs like a blubbery piece of crap. If i lean it out to where i had it, it is pretty good but lost some punch and is well still not good. Everything is tight and sealed. still tons of compression I have had the hsn 2 1/4 out and the lsn 4 turns out and it would barely start and that is with the mid leaned 2 hours. i keep closing with the hsn 2 turns out and lsn 3 turns out it is just ok. lean some more on the lsn and it gets a little better, but i know it's too lean. damn temp gun, just cost me 300$ it will run ok but its just not the same. Like trying to date a HO. Damaged goods. Never again. I should of just listened to sounds, sights and smells. I learned a valuble lesson. Will be ordering new P/S and rod. So basically the question is, if i tune a new motor to lean will the tune calibrate to that setting? or could something else be wrong? I have tried starting the tune at a little on the rich starting point, but will barely start or idle i have to go to a lean setting to get it to start or idle.

I have a vspec and i want to get the carb out, but it is stuck. Any tips on how to get it out? Oven?

sorry for the long questions, if you can help i would be so grateful. if you can't. I don't blame you.

If the motor still has good compression, and you feel with the right tune it will be good to go and it's not wasted feel free to send it in to me and i will go through it for you, be sure the rod is still in good shape and bearings aren't shot, it's up to you, if gthe motor still has good compresion it should tune in to the common settings, if the motor was broke in lean it will not tune in from there, it will just go through the (pinch) faster, which is really just the piston diameter getting smaller, not the sleeve , LMK be glad to help ya out with it.