R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A bad day at the track is better than a good day at the office...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 AM
beta bob
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Endpoint is correct and the exp = 0%

As for the Novarossi... it is already a little too lean on bottom. It was "singing" over jumps a bit if I was full throttle on runup, so the bottom is too lean. (If I was only 1/2-3/4 throttle it didn't sing...) Temp at the end of the main was 258... temp at the end of the last heat on Saturday was 274. A bit too warm for comfort, although I did have good smoke... top seems about right. The bottom needs to be fattened up a bit, but I was having trouble with it bogging and not wanting to idle if I did so. It only has maybe half a gallon on it now, and is still so tight I can't turn it over in the chassis when it is cold.
I had that same exact problem with my engine but the temps got up to 298 once and every time you richened it just a little bit the engine would just bog down but that one time it hit 298 a guy i was using as a temporary pit man threw fuel on it and to cool it down and richened it so much on the top and bottom that i had to miss the next to heats to retune the engine but then the engine was working perfect and temped it at 224 but i only made it through half a race til someone hit me and cracked the crank case