R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 05:01 AM
speed6
Tech Addict

Default Need more stabilty + steering

Hi guys, some questions as i am desperatly in need of help

I am running in a low grip / bumby / very tight track, first run with stock setup sheet Data Ver1 had a feel of lots understeer. Than i was speakeing to people at the track and everyone runs the front with more grip than the rear.

Tried it and got very much better bit still way off.

Now i studied the car and would like to have some questions answered if you please

1.The new Evo 2 has the 2mm ( 384 Belt ) will that aid in my sort of track as i noticed that the rear wheel spin more than the fronts since of the ratio but couldn't figure out if it was the belt doing this or its normal in touring cars?

2. Shocks: I surely need to run a softer setup due to the bumby condition, would you recommend for an allround softer spring setup or would you suggest going softer but with a softer fron in order to get more steering?

3. Shock Oil: if i will be running softer springs do you suggest going for lower oil value like 30 / 35

4. Camber: At the moment i don't own a tire truer so we have to runin the tyres in order to ger them trued well . I am running 1 degree in front and 2.5 in the rear. after some driving i was noticing that the outer wall was wearing more the the inner in all four wheels, does that mean i need mor camber?

5. Caster: Would you recommend any other setting for my type of track?

Thats all for now, if i remeber anything else i will post later on.

Thanks very much