R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Interesting. My first thought was to compensate with the droop screws, but many local racers (national lever, sponsored racers) told me it's better to keep the droop screws even and compensate with the spring pre-load.
Depends what they mean even. And how you interpret my droop. If using Tamiya's droop guage (as I measured when I wrote down my TCS setup), you measure off the bottom of the chassis.

If your chassis is warped (as mine is), and if you set it even left to right with the Tamiya droop gauge.... then your droop is uneven if you measured droop from setup board to under the outer arms.

But, if you can set it up uneven from the droop gauge so that it reads even when you measure it from the setup board. Then this should be all right. That is how mine was done. If this makes any sense.

Adjusting with preload is setting up tweak from a tweak station. You cannot get ride height even left to right because the chassis is warped. One side will be higher than the other. So I don't know how preload comes into play with droop settings?