R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
cannon
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
WA is indeed very far behind (even when compared to Adelaide where I come from, and that was not very rosy either).

But that's as far as we can agree.

Here the cheapest you can get the EZ run is as I said, 170$. Who gives a crap what it cost over there. Add shipping and it's the same.
A better alternative is ebay.

You obviously have no understanding of what people want and having had only limited experience, and show a very limited capacity to comprehed that reality may be different than you perceive, so I don't think you can judge anything. My advice to you is to read other people's posts right here, in this very thread. Maybe you'll realise the world is a big place.

See ya.
Adelaide now runs the same brushless systemn that all the eastern states use . It too has increased the interest in Mini racing apparently.

The silver can problem is the variance in quality .. simple as that. Anyone that thinks that a silver can can last a full year is obviously not aware of the massive drop off in performance with age that occurs with the brushed motors. The brushless motors just keep going with the same performance.

I have read other peoples posts and it is obvious that they also want/need a system that becomes spec class standard.

As for availability , the Hobbywing system is made by a very large manufacturer that has hit on a good formula. I dont think this system is going anywhere in the near future.

As for my lack of experience? .... been racing onroad and offroad from around 1990. Have raced all forms of electric so I think I have a fair idea of what is going on. I am not naive or inexperienced enough to think that you plug in an ESC and it is automatically calibrated. And postage from the eastern states is only $7 overnight so it still is not $170

Look if guys want to stay with silver cans well and good. We are just informing people that if they want closer fairer racing they should look at the Hobbywing style system