R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by J.Dy
Jimmy, that looks awesome. So how do you like the arta vs. the r35?

BTW, do you guys have trouble fitting 0 offset HPI wheels?
Thanks Jon!

The R35 is the king of steering out of the bodies I have tried. The main thing with it (which I like) is that it's planted in the rear with any of the Tamiya lexan wings yet still has plenty of steering. The rear over hang makes it a bit slow for quick rotation so its suited to a track that flows.

The Garaiya, again with a lexan wing set, is well planted in the rear but has a bit less steering input than the R35. For the Garaiya, all I did was change to the red swaybar up front and my steering was real close.***(See *** below) The short rear overhang allows it to rotate pretty quick so its good in the chicanes and switch backs.

*** In between the heats and the main I took the swaybar off all together and found it to rotate really hard. I wanted to go back and put the swaybar on and lower the spring rate to the next lower spring but did not have time to reset up ride height, tweak etc... Though I did have time to try one thing to help stabilize the new found "oversteer"........... 3mm offset wheels. This widened the car just enough to restabilize it with no swaybar. My lap times in the main were 1/2 second a lap faster! Just food for thought.

Jon, yes "0" offset 26mm wheels will rub on the knuckle and at full throw the tire will hit the outboard shock mount. 6mm hexes will help this and another choice is 24mm wheels. I have been running the stock hexes with +2 24mm Tamiya wheels.

Jimmy W