R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I was sitting here doing some thinking and after i got inspration for a Corvette body (which hopefully I can have ready to go in time for the new year) I got to thinking...the thing that makes RCGT and VTA so poular is the realistic looking bodies. Would there be a place for having people paint up bodies to look like legit FIA GT or Speed GT race cars? I mean there are some very nice looking Vipers, Corvettes (I like PK Carsport and Luc Alphand adventures from FIA GT myself), Nissans and even Maseratis (with the Gianna set to hit shelves later this year), why not try that or something?
I did a Vette white with red racing stripes just to get my car on the road. Then I had someone paint a Sophia for me. The paint is nice, but to my eye, it just didn't look right with lightning bolts and chrome paint and color fades. I think when these 2 bodies are toast I'll do a representation of a real paint scheme I like on another Vette and really take my time on it. I race TA also and really like the real car look.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 08-26-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Learning to proof read.