R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You are going to want to calibrate the speedo to your transmitter even though it worked out of the box.

For gearing questions it helps to no track demensions and or a picture of the track so all of us can help you out.
Are you suggesting that the calibration might still be off? It seems that everything happens when it should. I forgot to mention I have downloaded and installed the v198 in the speedy before having installed anything, and I have also adjusted everything in hotwire to my liking (profile, brakes, boost, etc), so all the software work was done long before I hooked anything up.

I will try to take a picture of my track, I thought the FDR on a standard motor like the black can would say something about the track (I am actually leading the championship atm and my motors last a fair while, so I am not pushing hard at all - I would say my gearing is "conservative").

Just for a brief description of the track though, about 30 by 12meters carpet, three straights connected on the outside (three sides) with a succesion of slow chicanes in the infield followed by a wraparound, a hairpin and another wraparound coming into the first straight through a second hairpin.