R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Alfie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In relation to the spoiler that enhances the handling, not a single car has a spoiler before the rear wheel.

The "uncut" winglet actually makes the car planted during the in-field, but on the extreme high speed straights, it will suffer. It's not so much of the downforce, but more of the channelling the aerodynamics from front to back undisturbed, and as and when the spoiler needs to do its part, it will have have do it. I'm not sure if this theory is right, and I'm not so much of a theory person. I'm trying to make it work for all. Also in reference, the F103's range of bodies were never with the winglets. Could be due to the replications of the real thing, or purely the cost-cutting factor of not producing replica of the real thing.... Whatever it is, I'm determined to make it work.

I was on the 3Racing when I went for my run.

Alfie

Originally Posted by Arahawak
i see.. but bro, you mentioned you had one run with the cutout winglet and it improves handling.

So i wanted to know if it adds/reduce downforce? and was it with the Tamiya wing or 3racing wing? coz before I left, i think it was the 3racing wing u had on your car.