R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Someone convince me... Tekin or LRP
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
have any of you done a comparison for modified racing? or are all these in reference to stock racing? just wanna know if its also the esc to have for mod.

by the way, whats the difference between the rs and the rs pro?
The RS has a brushless motor limit from 5T
Brushed no limit.
The RS Pro has both no limit. For stock the RS is ok.
If you want also mod, choose the RS Pro.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The Tekin is dialed if you don't care what the first 50% of the throttle band feels like. The SPX just works.
You must setup the Tekin the right way. Than you have for the 100% the throttle.

Originally Posted by kn7671
I would have suggested an LRP SPX in the interest of a setup headache too, but recently both of my SPX's have stopped working correctly. The profiles 6,7, and 8 no longer perform the timing advance feature like they were for the first 3-months of us, but instead now only work like an LRP Sphere.
That problem is with all the SPX speedo's. And than you have the luck that they have the best service there is NOT!!!!
THe SPX just works for a couple of races and than it gets slower. It's just like the GM. low quality on rilieabillety.

I was the first at my club and nr 2 in the Netherlands with a Tekin RS Pro.
Now there are 9 tekin drivers at my club. there are 3 more to come and than others are also thinking of switching to Tekin.
Also by other clubs GM and SPX drivers switch to Tekin because the Tekin is faster than the SPX and because the GM is more standing still than driving.
Also a lot of drivers find it hard to make the GM fast.
And both SPX and GM there service is not that good.
Tekin has by far the best service!!

I have set my personal lap record brushed and brushless with a Tekin RS Pro.