R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:27 AM
scoyle
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikky32
Let me now how it went and what you changed to get the right setup on that track.

Good luck
I raced at the weekend with my Tekin RS for the first time and based on the posts in here and the advice of mikky32 I went with;

Drag - 20
Reverse - 100
Brake - 100
Neutral - 5
Motor - BL-FW
Throttle - 5
Volt Cut - 2
Push - Off
Timing - 0 (and default timing on my LRP motor)
Current - Off
Sensored - Yes
Boost - 20
Turbo - Max delay - 0.5

I had been running with an SPX before the Tekin and liked it's punch (in mode 8) in field but the Tekin easily matched it with the settings above. I went with an FDR of 5.3 to start with as that was what I had been running with the SPX and left the timing at 12 degrees which is the default for an LRP motor. Car felt really good infield and on the straight while I couldn't feel the turbo kicking in the car was definitely flying by the end of the straight!

The motor temps where cool at about 48 - 50 degrees so I then changed my timing on the motor up about 2mm (don't know what this is in degrees) and went up one tooth (running 64dp) and the car was even better.

I wouldn't say that my car (an Mi4) was any faster (I was about a second quicker) than I was with the SPX before but it was certainly easier to drive - hard to describe but it just drove better - easier to get lines but the power, speed and punch were all there.

Great job guys!

Last edited by scoyle; 08-24-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Updated