R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 09:32 AM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I too finally got to run my Mission... BY far the fastest TC I have ever driven. Some commented that it looked like I had a 13 or 14 turn modified in it in the stock class. I could pull on anyone out of the turns, and at the end of the straights too!! I only had 1 major parts failure....THE DRIVER...LOL!!!!!

Here's how I ended up---

front-
tires- proline purple 24mm
toe in -1 deg, 0 in-board
caster- 13 deg (all the way back)
chamber- 1 deg neg (no/even tire wear)
sways-connected
kick up- none
ride height 5.5mm
droop- 2.5mm
SHOCKS
springs-blue
oil-45 weight
top- hole 3
bottom-inside hole

rear
tires- proline purple 24mm
toe in- 5deg
chamber- 1deg neg
sways-disconnected
anti- squat- none
ride height- 6mm
droop- 1mm
SHOCKS
springs-blue
oil-45 weight
top- hole 5
bottom- inside hole

electronics
motor- P2K2
Batteries- 2400's
servo- Futaba s9402
speedo- novak tc2
reciever- novak xxtra
gearing 24/86 17 tooth pulley

The car was lightening fast, but a little loose. I want to settle down the rear-end slightly. I am thinking of moving the esc to the area just behind the motor (per xxx-s), reconnect the rear sways, and shorten the wheel base. We have to keep the transponder in the front window, so moving the esc is the only way to get the weight to the rear and the car is currently 1oz. over-weight. I would also like to be able to move the shocks back in on the rear, should I possibly use heavier oil, all around with the front being 10 weight heavier, or just change the front to 55 weight and leave the rear at 45?

Any thoughts?? Thanks

BTW: I ended up with a sacrificed bumper due to being rear-ended as I was breaking into a turn at the end of one of the straights and pushed directly into a concrete wall..... but other than that no damage at all.

GREAT CAR SCHUMACHER!!!!!!!!!