R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Thanks again for the in depth explanations of tweak vs weight balance.

I will follow the advice given and sort the problems out prior to the cars' race debut this Wednesday.

Cheers,

Steve
Just as a personal note. I have tried playing with the scale tweak system on more than one occasion, even for a couple of hours at last years nats while waiting for the rain to stop. Heaps of us all in the A-finals all chucked our chassis on the scales and got all sorts of weird results. Interestingly enough was that the best car on the scales (within 5g on all four corners) was way slower on the track than some of the fast guys inc myself which where over 30g out in some corners. I understand the theory but I have never seen proof that it converts to on track speed. I have always found the best tweak measurement to be lifting the chassis off the ground in the center with correctly set droop. This gives you a car that tracks straight on and off power.

On another topic my chassis is all back together with a cut up upper deck. I think I still need to put the front tray supports back in (cut down of course) to keep the battery still and am also looking at cutting the rear bulkheads up at the front so they clear the deck and don't rub when the chassis flex's. It looks like I have lost a massive 40g off the weight of the chassis though I also removed a bearing that the front belt ran over. It wouldn't take much more work and I could achieve a good f/r balance at a low weight limit like 1425.