R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 AM
decibels
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hello everyone ,

I have a WCE cyclone and i have bought a few lipo packs , i needed to shim 1.5 mm on the bulkheads ( just to give you an idea ) and iv'e added 60 gram of lead on the outside of the battery ( it is not sticking out of the chassi ) but im still under minimum weight , and to achieve minimum weight , i need to add 40 gram , where would you guys put the 40 gram's , on the outside of battery so it sticks out of the chassi abit ok ON the chassi itself ? if you put it on the chassi , shall i put 30 gr at rear and 10 gr at front or 40 at rear and 0 at front ?
And if its on the battery , shall i put all 40 gr in the back of the lipo so it will stick out like the motor so it would be about equal or how would you guys do ?

Thanks in advance .
Firstly make sure the car is well balanced left to right or as close as possible. then i would recommend you place weight as far to the front as possible!! i had mine just under front diff. but have now sliced front bumper and pushed them inside the front bumper!! i find that when the car is front heavy around about 52% front 48% rear you will get better steering and rear end rotation without having to bias your setup and sometimes more rear bite to because less weight for the car to transfer to the front when cornering as it is already there. but as i always say try yourself if you don't like then try at the back! but i also run the cylone s arms as tracks in australuia are not prepared and there is less grip and the plastic arms grip better than the carbons. this made me .2 of a second faster on best lap and average over a race!!