R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Director/Track Owner info Wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
For those of you who need to setup your track each and everytime you race, like those in parking lots, what's your costs and how have you either broke even money-wise or made a profit?

I'm reviewing our past outdoor season and looking at time spent, capital outlay, and hourly wages paid to those that help get the event up and running every week.

In the above review I'm looking forward to next year's outdoor season and how I can improve our situation.

Hey Kenji..It's Dino down in sunny,blistering hot Florida. Glad to see this thread.Wish I had seen it before.
Money !!!!.....you mean you can make money at this !!??
My program has always been outdoors and with no race fees. I invested in the Road Rails system, a trailer/drivers stand, and a AMBrc system(which has since been sold). As a club I've never felt the need to be re-paid. Right thinking or wrong...this was my choice and a hobby I simply wanted to share.
I've noticed that most of the posts here are "after the fact". I'd like to ask more about "start up" thoughts. "Offering a good show"...."providing a professional look"....or comments like them are great but what might be best practices if you don't have things like a timing system right away? It seems that and a drivers stand are always the things potential drivers equate with a "legitimate" club but they're also the most expensive. Thoughts??