R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
I am happy that the car is getting the attention it deserves Its nice to have you chime in as well being a TRF driver, showing support for the racers Thanks a lot!

I think I have a good idea why your going back to stock, and I guess in a way its a complement to your skills and the cars capability Its easy for some to say YOUR hopups beat them. It's harder for people to admit that YOU handed them their ass on the track Jimmy Wright for president k?

The TB03 like you said really is a 120-130 USD car when you look at what you're getting. The bodies sell for 25-50 dollars usually..*Best bodies in R/C for detail and scale* realistic rims that match the body set you decided on, and decent tires to check the car out and have some fun after your build. Some of the other companies may offer the same deal.... chassis, body, etc but their included items don't compare at all with what comes with the Tamiya's. People that buy a $130 dollar chassis on low price point alone, should keep in mind they still need a body, and tires to even drive it.

Go ahead and ditch the sways....no worries. TB03 in my opinion is faster without sways in most situations. Only thing you might not like are highspeed switchbacks, the rear has to be set or you can fishtail some.
Thanks Timmie! As long as there isn't a nitro off road event happening the weekend of the TCS I should be there to help out.

I'll be out this weekend testing the TB. I may hit up Tamiya Saturday to get some set ups for racing Sunday. I definately want to try the shocks back to back AND my new Garaiya body.......

I've got some ideas for suspension and tire tuning to help with the "missing" sway bars". But I will heed your warning tahnks.

What suspension blocks have you been running? I'm still learning about them. What was/is the difference between a "1D" and just a "D" block. I can't seem to find any info out there. (I guess I could email Mr. Jun.... DUH!)

Anywho.... Lets keep this going.

Jimmy W