R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 AM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow it sounds like everyone is doing well with their cars. If you guys have setups that work send them over and I'll put them up on tchub.com for all to use.

A few of the TOP Oz team were running on the rug this weekend and we all had our cars working great although with completely different setups. Personally I struggled for most of the weekend with a host of silly problems including dragging bodies, lost lower suspension mount screws, and stripped spool cups so I didn't get to make use of a fast but loose car. By the last two finals things were starting to come together and I managed a 3rd and a 1st in A2 and A3. A2 was a super close, 0.5s 1st to 2nd and 0.02s back to me - I should have put the transponder in the bumper!

Some things I found that worked... my car was awesome at the apex with no dive on the front and middle-9 ackerman. I changed to anti-dive because my car was really loose under brakes and that took away some of the mid corner steering. I got this back by going to shorter links, and I ended up with short front links and medium rear. Pretty obvious, but I also found that progressive (tamiya) springs worked better than linear (HPI).

Happy racing