R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
John,

Do you have a source for the press in fittings for the nerf wings? CRC has it listed as a captive nut/spring holder. Part 26 in the manual with a stock number of 12871. I haven't asked CRC directly as this looks like something I should be able to pick up If I just knew where! I wouldn't mind a few spares on hand either.

Thanks,

John
That press fitting thread insert is the same one as on the little battery support plate you took off the car. Just pop the part out of the old part and put it in the new part. The part number you have is the correct part it should be # 1287 though, it comes with the setscrew that you don't need. I bought a couple spares of these. I have the best installation luck by putting a little aluminum plate behind the threaded insert and tapping with a small hammer. It goes in unmarred this way and cuts nice grooves to prevent spinning lose in the future.

2 w drive- a tiny bit of play in that upper arm is OK. I usually have to sand and make the play myself. I think there was a washer change because the previous stack would cause some binding. It was too tight. If you want to remove the play put in a .010 inch king pin washer shim. Its not quite the right diameter but will work fine.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 08-17-2009 at 04:45 AM.