Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 AM
DriftWoof
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Hi DriftWoof,

Honestly if you are going to drift your not going to notice much of a difference in performance in my opinion. I think that both cars would perform pretty closely. What I believe you need to compare is parts availability, and what options you are able to purchase for the car to fine tune it to your goals performance wise. If you live in the USA you can't get Yoko parts except for overseas. Tamiya parts are available worldwide. Also you need to consider the support base you would have with each chassis. Do you have locals with either of these cars? That way you could get their help with the car. As far as the internet goes, I think you would be able to get more advice/support getting the TB03..not much going on with the SD chassis anymore.

My personal opinion?......Just get the TB03 Its a win win. Then if you don't feel like drifting anymore, put on some race tires and put the beat down on the locals
Best answer I have had for this question. I understand now, there is in fact part support for Yokomo in the Bay Area and a parts for the Yokomo can be here in a few days. Only thing is though, I find my self wanting a Tamiya and need to justify getting one. I will get one in a few weeks or so. I hope it's as easy to put together and install hopups as the MR4TC SD.