R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
Based on timmie's setup he's cars pushrod length is 14 mm (distance between adjusters).
Yeah like Jimmy said, your droop settings put a stop to your weight transfer. Yeah you can use droop settings suggested to use in other chassis setups as a starting point for the TB03. Some things that will affect what droop settings you use are, what springs you are using, ride height, traction available at the track you are racing at, and personal feel *if the car feels right to you*

Basic way I tune with droop is this.... More on power steering, less droop in the front. More off power steering, more droop in in the rear. More rear traction on power, more front droop. Less off power steering, less droop in the rear. Hope I explained it well enough

As far as pushrod length, I use 14mm for most of my setups but do shorten or lengthen them from time to time. The length that you use will depend on other areas of your suspension setup. Things that will change this are what length springs you are using * some of the springs I use sometimes have 4mm difference in height to Tamiya springs...* what ride height you are trying to run at, and what droop setting you are using. The big thing in my opinion to look out for with pushrod tuning is to adjust these to keep the suspension from pre loading the front springs and binding your suspension. Get this adjustment wrong along with droop for instance, and you will have the suspension fighting itself just sitting on the bench.