Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by WildCard75
Hello,
New to Tamiya and reading through some pages on RCTECH's TRF415 had me go out and find a MSXX MRE07 to go asphalt racing. I cant afford a 416WE right now so the MSXX MRE07 will be way more capable than my skill level.

Anyway, just looking into getting some spare arms for my MSXX MRE07 and found this on TamiyaUSA site. 53928 Short Reversible Sus Arm.

Will this be a better setup for my MSXX MRE07? Should I build my car with this optional 53928 short arms?

Currently my kit came with 51104 TB Evolution IV D parts.

The car will run a 27turn brushed motor with NiMH 6 cell w/ X-pattern tires on low grip asphalt.
We have our own group rules here.

Thanks for your info and help and I promise to try to read as much on this thread as I can about the car before asking.
(lots of pages!!!)

Dan

Dan,

Sounds like you are running RCGT? If so welcome to a great class for touring cars.

In the case of low traction, both with the tires and asphalt surface I would stay wide. Although tuning the chassis with width works really well, I would say to purchase one up and one down of suspension blocks for you to tune with. You can make the car narrower that way, depending on which ones you are running now and also be able to change geometry with a simple change of a block. (toe in)

Also keep in mind if you start to go too narrow you will have to shorten up the drive shafts. Tamiya however makes 42, 44, 46 & 48mm lengths.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Jimmy W