Thread: XRAY T2’009
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Alex C
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Does anybody have experience with or know how the Corally LiPo tray works with the 009? How much does the plate push the LiPo away from center? Any other recommendations? Thanks
Don't know much about the corally tray, but I would say unless you already own one I would use the Xray lipo weights. They fit perfect and the car is balance left to right spot on. ( with the radio gear I run, results may vary) plus your not raising the battery having a tray under it.

Hope that helps,
James
IIGQ4,

I would recommend to utilize a Hyperdrive 108g Lipo Plate instead of the
Xray Lipo Set, Don't get me wrong the Xray Lipo weight does work and has a bling factor.

Although if you are trying to meet the min TC weight for Rubber Tire "1420", you would need to add the additional 40g of weight on the batt side, in addition to the 50g weight on the electronics side of the chassis.

With the above mentioned I found only utilizing the Hyperdrive 108g 2.5mm Lipo Tray works very well with additional 50g weight which is needed dependant on the your electronics.

Further the 108g 2.5mm lipo tray does not protrude out from the bottom of the chassis as the 130g Hyperdrive 3.5mm Lipo Tray which is intended to be used on the US Foam Spec 009.

Aside from utilizing it for rubber tire TC then I would say please progressive forward with buying the Xray Lipo Weight Set if you want to spend the $$$$$.

If you have any questions or if there is any need for further clarification,
please feel free to pm me.

Regards,

Alex