R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
tim fry
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Unfortunately traction compound is not allowed at all. With a good base setup like Mike Hayne's spool on rubber/carpet and adjusting from there to suit my driving style and traction conditions, it is actually a tad quicker than running with a diff. The track is small (1x legal basketball court), and has a very technical section. The spool helps pull it out of the corners better, and allows me to dive into the corners a fair bit quicker than my last setup did.

I've been running for about 3 club meets on the new setup and am happy with it. Will be experimenting a little more though.

Didn't think it would work... but I am glad I tried it.

On another note.... anyone here uses Sweep24s on carpet? Tried it tonight, and I quite like it. Have used Sorex 20r and 24r prior, and it seems to 'polish' up after a few meets. The Sweep24s seem to stay a bit more consistent and they don't get that 'shine' on them at all. I'll give it a few more weeks, and see what happens. Will be trying the Absolutes 24s sometime to compare as well.
Unless the track is really tight a spool is always quicker with rubber tyres. I would use Sorex 28s they work really well and we adopted them as a control tyre as they worked so well. Anything softer seems to go off midway through the race. We used to use the Vtec 24s and these were ok but began to snatch and give grip roll as the grip came up so we had to keep glueing the outer edge of the fronts. Sweeps are ok ish but Sorex work alot better