R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
bkspeedo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I went and practiced with 200 last night in my 17.5 car and had some questions.

My home tack is rather small 40x60 and there's just not enough time for Turbo to really kick in.

I race at a second track that is 60x70 and will have a chance the see the response from turbo tomorrow.

1. I noticed that when turbo is applied it ramps rather slowly, how much testing was done to determine how fast this ramp should be? Where different ramp times tested for optimal performance?

2. When I set the delay to .5, which I'm assuming is half a second, it sure seems like it takes longer than .5 sec to start applying turbo. Is this because of my first question? The ramp is starting slowly so it appears to take longer than expected.

3. Was there much testing done on small carpet tracks? It seems like the delay feature should be allowed to start at zero being the turbo function is being ramped up so slowly. Or the turbo on ramp should also have a time setting.

I realize this feature was mainly added for large to very large tracks to compete against other ESC's but I think turbo could be applied effectively for short tracks also which would give the RS an advantage over the non-programmable ESC’s.

I by no means am complaining about this release I just had a few questions and maybe these questions can be applied in a future release.