R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th SCALE SHORTCOURSE CHASSIS DEBATE
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
aaron2u
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
Nice trucks guys.Keep them pics coming and take ther shells off so we can rip your ideas. LOL.My camera is toast but I'll try to get some pics up this week.
Aaron,I think there needs to be a fuel capacity limit and an engine spec of 28 or larger.The fuel limit would insure everyone would have to pit.Having the big motor is just cool.Race .21's cost too much and the people attracted to this class would probably prefer the extra displacement.The tires will keep it even, especially with a .28.
Jimbo,the four stroke idea would probably work out great as it would hookup better out of the corners.Awesome idea.Can't imagine the sound of 10 of those on a track.Post pics when you finish please.
We need an ultra thick body for these trucks as tha A/E body is thin and brittle.Not to mention expensive. Maybe someone will step up and make one.
A tip guys.Run a heavy flywheel on these trucks to vastly improve traction and enable you to get on the gas out of a corner much earlier.It's almost like cheating.Everyone will think you juiced your tires........ Our local track is allowing Proline Moab tires as they are very similar in performance as the A/E tire offering no advantage whatsoever.They cost much less and look great on black rims. Very scale tread pattern.
Hey Pete... I was agreeing with you in a round about way about the fuel capacity. Definitely should go with a truggy tank if the conversion allows. That was a cool part about the Mugen conversion, as the footprint is about the same for everything, including the fuel tank. The only real difference is that the droop screws in the front arms miss the chassis.

The idea of running .28's and bigger seems spot on too. Shouldn't have to run them as hard to get the performance out of them. Also, as you may have seen in the pics, I don't have tires yet... Thanks for the tip on the Moab's, I'll look for a cheap set!