R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
How very interesting. Any word on the release date for version 200?

As far as the Turbo setting, is there a limit? From what I know so far about Tekin motors (aside from the fact that they are the best in my opinion), they come from the factory with a +12 advance already. So with that in mind, does the software limit itself to +18 (since I think 30 is the limit before you fry the motor)? Or is the software considering other motors being used with the Tekin ESCs?

And finally, I noticed that the decals on my 17.5 motor is peeling off... is that normally supposed to happen? I have not opened the motor before and highest the temperature has gotten was 130*F.
The team currently has 200 in their hands and looking for anything suspicious.

The ESC has no way of knowing what the motor is set at and this is the reason that many people come to this thread as haters...the RS is a deadly weapon but that performance is far from "plug and play". Most problems are people trying to gain the most power who use max boost with motors that already have a decent amount of locked timing. I kinda wish the term "boost" wasn't used for 198 as "max boost" sounds like what you should run no matter what.

In order to master the tuning features on the RS you NEED to know what your motor is set at before changing anything in the hotwire. 30 degrees with 198 was the baseline maximum between the motor timing and boost with some benefit at 35 degrees for more flowing tracks. This all changes with 199 and 200... Before the total timing was in use through the whole track and you had to find a balance between straight away speed and infield punch. Now you will be using "boost" for infield punch and "turbo" for speed on the straights and 30 degrees is not optimal anymore. I would suggest 20 total to start and gear for the infield only. Don't worry how slow you may be on the straight or how soon you top out...just gear for the fastest infield time. Once you are good there keep adding turbo until you top out right at the breaking point on the straight.

Not sure why your sticker is coming off....lol