R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Blakesrc
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tweak Station and Front Suspension Mount Issues

My car is also tweaked in the same manner as some of you guys have mentioned but I have always used a tweak station on this car and others to balance it out. If you set the ride height, droop and shocks the same the car will still be off balance/and or tweaked. When you use the tweak station and adjust each shock as neccessary one or 2 will have more preload, that is how you are fixing the balance, by putting more weight on one corner to match the other. So the shock colars will be screwed down different amounts. You can add weights but that is very difficult to get right. My friends and I have tried for hours before with digital scales, its a PITA and now i have 4 brand new digital scales collecting dust lol! Plus you are adding more weight to the car, Just take your time with the Tweak and dont let it bother you that the ride heigth has a .5mm difference, its better to have a balanced car.

Front Suspension mount rubbing the bellcrank ball cups...

My car also did this to the point where it would lock up the steering. Dont sand or remove material from the suspension mount. It is allready very thin plastic and you will just open the hole up for the hinge pin to come through. I bought the yokomo aluminum Front Rear suspension mount and the problem was solved.

Blake