R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - hot bodies lightning, bad choice?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Double D Donuts
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default hot bodies lightning, bad choice?

Hey guys, I recently picked up a deal off craigslist. I picked up a RTR Ofna Ultra LX-1 and a roller Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 2 (200 for the rtr and 50 for the roller).

the Ofna looked new and hardly used, had an Orion .28 engine in it, and the Lightning was all crusted full of dirt and looked beat to death!

I ended up taking every piece of the Hot Bodies apart and cleaning it up and man the chassis rolled like it was brand new! (moved about an inch before hand with the same amount of push). It was a relief to know that the bearings werent really "rusted" so what i ended up doing was i took the gear from the Ofna and put it in the HB... Now this is my first buggy and i have to say, the car feels really good.

now my question is, did i make a bad choice by moving the stuff from the Ofna to the HB? i know the Ofna is more of a basher, and the lightning seemed a little more "race" oriented, and thats what i had in mind for it.

any and all input would be helpful! (minus saying go get a brand new 8ight, etc)