R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Talkin' with Josh Cyrul
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

coastaltony - [email protected] - We will sell to hobby shops or distributors - nothing will be direct to the public (I want to keep hobby shops and tracks open so we have places to race!!!)...

DENNIS - Thanks!!

HotrodGT - The 1/12 car will be out in the comming months. I hope to release it so that it can be out in time for people to get it up and running before the Snowbirds... I've tried lot's on my TC3 for different roll centers, anit-squat and dive. In the end I prefered to run the stock suspension mounts (R with 2+0 and the F with the F-0)... That was the most consistant from track to track...

T-shirt - I would recomend asking Ric Bartalozzi for a set-up for there. His car was extremely good and I thought it was better than mine. At the moment I just recieved all the new set-up sheets so as I get organized I will be able to send them (not at the moment though)....

Adam - Thanks!!

Stealth_RT - Xray's hard arms and Med Castor blocks are already much stiffer than the TC3's set-up... I think with Xray's options people are loosing track of what is stiff and what isn't compared to the other cars out there!!

JoshR 85 - Thanks! As far as the Xray car - I really enjoyed driving it and I look forward to getting a bunch more track time. I think with some time testing it will become a very strong car on carpet as well as asphalt. I know we worked on a few things at the race and Xray is working on some new parts for the Snowbirds..

Jason - Thanks!! I will post my set-up as soon as I have time to catch up on things!! My 1/12 car will be out in the next month or so. You can e-mail me at [email protected]...

PizzaDude - Last time I ran on asphalt with an electric TC I used Purple fronts and Double Pink rears. As far as Cleveland - I built David's car and got it out to the track in Cleveland (before the race) so that he had a few packs to get comfotable with the car. It wasn't perfect from the start but we did test and try a few things to get it to his liking. I didn't run my car until the first practice run and I used myself more to test things. I knew he was driving well and it was going to be hard for me to get up to pace and in the main with such little practice. Dampner positions - I haven't tested so I'm not sure. I do know that the farther you can put them from the t-bar the better for more leverage and dampening effect....

I really have to thank David for doing such a great job at the race. Without him I don't think the car would have shown it's potential. I also want to thank Barry Baker for also using our body on his Associated car!!