R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
andyh
Tech Fanatic

Default ....

Originally Posted by speedracer1129
Funny you mention that. I have heard people complain about the same thing. I love the 510 body, but don't want to run it as I do not like the 2 piece body!! I went ahead and purchased a Tamiya Mini Cooper to run in the meantime and I went ahead and bought a set of Tamiya M chassis rims and tires just in case..... I found the overall diameter to be the same between the Tamiya and HPI tires so I think the problem with the stock 510 setup is the fact that the rear rims are 3mm offset. Grab yourself a pair of 0 offset for the rears and it should be fine!!
FYI: Wheel clearance/size.

All the Cup Racer wheels are available in 0/3/6 offsets to accommodate different bodies etc. We always use the widest offset possible on each body photo shoot to maximize the "realistic" look. For racing etc. we recommend going down to a narrower offset to accommodate body flex and prevent wheel rub.

We will be bringing back the Mini X-Patterns (which are the slightly smaller "standard mini size"). Having run both tire/wheel sizes back to back, the smaller "mini" sized tire/wheels definitely effect the handling and final roll out gearing of the car. The larger tire/wheels tend to be more stable and smoother while the smaller tire/wheels are much more responsive (...also requires a little bit more trigger and wheel control )

Thanks,

AndyH