R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4RS 2009
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:32 AM
blis
Tech Elite

Default Unfortunately..

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis :

Are you racing at the Qld's this weekend? And if so what spec TM car are you running?

BB
Im really bummed about it, my eldest (Guy) drives the Nitro and Luke runs the E4.. Guy is away on Camp until Saturday afternoon and having only raced on the stand twice, my 47 laps is a bit off the speed. its not my year and my plans are set for Sydney Nats.

The track surface is aging, and small ruts need some shock absorption. I run turquoise fronts, purple rears (as a starter, can stiffen from there). I run G4/G4S and G4+ as race car with GRP's. 42F / 40R 2mm split. 60/62 then down to 59/61 as traction rises.

Had a good session with Jeremy Simons tuning the car as I drove that second race. It's hard getting good feedback from the boys. Moved front top arms rearwards (castor) as exit cornering was too aggressive and entry too lazy. 45deg on front sway and flat on the rears. low rolls center, top arms as low as possible and quite a lot of camber. Track is abrahsive so ideal camber can be dialed in after a few practice session, tyres will wear.

The 502x chassis' really works well at Brendale, can only imagine the 09.. We're mainly newbies though. Anthony Ling has been dialign in quite nicely and worked rear diffs oils in a previous post and said it improve.

16/51 21/46 gearing. Red shoe, red springs / ufo 2 / no weights. Get the 1st gear to wound to last into 2nd left corner you dont want push into that corner with a gear change or lose lots of time.

Stratus body works well, not much else really. It's allround high speed track, with fast corners and straights.Watch out for the bitumen patch into the sweep, come in tight and you'll miss it. Dont treat curbs lightly, they do bite sometimes.

h