R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - should i get a tl01?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Kennedy
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by Steevo
I am not sure that will fix the problem. It seems strange to me though that the car is only limited to 3 Pinion sizes. This puts a lot of restrictions on the car for motor choice does it not??? I don't personally know much about the car but i do intend to try and work it out for him as he is keen to get his 13 turn motor in without burning it up.
as Ian S said you can fit other pinions in there but you have to do a bit of dremel work on the chassis but in my opinion you shouldn't run anyhing bigger than a Tamiya/Mabuchi Sports tuned in there but should really keep the 540 Silver can in there as this car is designed for entry level which means how to drive in s straight line and around a track. Anything faster than that you should really take the next step to maybe a TA04, TF3 or something similar other wise you will be spending money on hop uip options for the TL01(Carbon Prob/gear etc) when you can get all that crap as standard on something like a TA04.

It's very easy to spend money week after week on your TL01 to make it competitive and then you realise that after you spend all that cash........ IT"S STILL JUST A TL01

Bearings, speed tuned gear set, 23t Pinion. That should be enough to learn how to drive

(I know all this coz thats how I started 6 months ago with a TL01)