R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Rommel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChattyMatty
Have you thought about offering a price for people who want to ship you their brand new chassis for you to use as a template for models you otherwise would have no reason to produce, like the Tamiya Evo IV?

For example, the customer provides the chassis and return postage, and a special (likely higher) price for your time and effort, then you ship the chassis with the protector back to the customer for him to install. Or is the process of creating the template such that it wouldn't be worth it for you even if you were not paying for the chassis?

Thanks for your time,
-M
Yes I have considered creating a program like that if there is interest. Pricing is what I need input on as far as what people think would be a worthwhile price so I can compare with my costs of creating a protector. I would like to balance covering my costs while providing a fair price as once I create the template I will be able to offer additional ones for sale for certain chassis. I hope more people chime in as I would love to get more opinions on this.

Thanks for your input -M

Julius