R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hello, new but with an old car...
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM
ncstateredline
Tech Rookie

Default Hello, new but with an old car...

Hello all, my name is Russell and I found a car from my childhood this past week...It's a bolink digger with the beetle body. I've had it since the early 90's but it has sat on a shelf and later in a box ever since. I got a little bored and dug it out, along with some old nicad batteries that were beyond dead. I went to radio shack and probably got ripped off for a new battery pack (nimh, probably higher mah than the old batteries which seemed a bit.. knock off-ish. The name on them is "Again and Again" and they don't have any other information on them) , but after hooking it up freshly charged the car still runs awesome!

It was built by a family friend back in the day and I was wondering if you guys could help me a little...

As far as I can tell it has:
  • an Airtronics 92723 75 AM 2 channel reciever
  • Traxxas XL-1 (controller? mainboard?)
  • an Airtronics servo
  • and a mostly unmarked motor... no sticker or anything but I think it is fan cooled, probably brushed motor, and the only numbers on it are 62200 331111

I was mostly wondering about the motor and if anyone knew about it. And is there maintenance I can do on it?

This thing understeers as bad as my real car which surprised me, what are some ways to add more grip to the front tires? Are all 1/10th scale tires universal?

Thanks everyone, I don't know much about these but I'm excited to learn, sorry if the search button would have answered some of these questions but I couldn't find many threads on diggers or anything on the motor.