R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB B9 from hell
Thread: RB B9 from hell
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 05:05 PM
SPEEDSKI
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by adz06
DONT buy the 09 edition RB'S

I got a ws9 break in went smooth first race always flamed out after fuel stops no matter what i did using a rb turbo 6 cpo2 then i changed to the no.5 plug whihc helped but it still flames out leaving the pits, i then tried a gas cooler changing carb restrictor, cheaking leaks everything is fine.

Then engine also seems to run very rich only get bout 7mins and when i lean it out the temps rockets its insane

I was in a qualifing event today of which it ran ok but i have just changed it back to a novarossi as theres a long final tomorrow and dont want to pit and stall every 7 mins.

Also other people at my track made the mistake with ws9 and have since changed engine within 2 gallon.

However i am nt against RBS i do have a RBWS7 11 of which i have well over 35 gallon through and the compression is still imense and i have used it for almost 2 years racing + now a backup engine.

I do not mean to start any trouble here. But I know for a FACT the new Mugens are having trouble!!! We fought this with my buddies MBX6 and we had to do some fuel routing and a tank mod. We thought it was the engine too.

I just want to notify you guys that it may be the car. Install a Brand NEW tank, not just a test and see what happens. We fought this for 2 months.

This may not be your problem, I just dont want to see you guys ditch a good motor.