R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - best ball cup/ball stud combo
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 AM
ddd228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Exclamation Ballends.Ball cups.What spaps first?

Originally Posted by niznai
Big balljoints (5.8mm, steel) Yokomo plus ZC 402 (Yokomo) eyelets. Balljoints come in a large assortment of threaded/unthreaded plus flanged, necked, tall necked or no neck with hex collar or without.

Small balljoints (4.3mm, steel) Yokomo with RPM cups. Balljoints again come in a large assortment of threads, shoulders, necks, etc. Plus they come in titanium as well. Original Yokomo cups are good too, but have a little bit of play in this combo. Where space is a problem, these may be used as they are significantly smaller than the RPM item.

Other than where mentioned above, these combinations are very smooth and have no play at all whatsoever and have a rather long life. I have never had one pop in a crash either but this may be a problem if you'd rather one popped out than break something else. I usually break the hub carrier. That's OK by me to snap a hub carrier,instead of another part thats more of a PITA to change.The other option for those willing to accept the breakeage (sp) is the captured ballends by Rocket City but they are way fatter,available in 4-40,6-40 thread sizes. I broke one,once.Dubro #2317 is a brutally strong ball link replacement.They come with brass "balls",a little heavy.An RPM substitute would be the 1/4" Delrin balls #73181.Hard to find!(Losi lower shock balls). On my T-4,they are the best for the outer REAR camber links and the front steering arm ends. Then,you will snap the bell cranks!!!! My 2 cents. Dave in Seattle.

Good luck finding these.
Do some digging for the hot set ups. My quote got stuck in the message.